Here below are important facts and information related to Bihar.
- December 12, 1911 Bihar and Orissa separation from Bengal was announced at Grand Darbar held at Delhi. New province established on April 1, 1912.
- 1916 Patna high court come in existence and in year 1917 Patna University was established.
- Elections held as per 1935 act, congress registers victory on 98 seats out of 152, But Mohammad Yunis of Independent party appointed as first Prime Minister ( then Chief Minister of province was called as Prime Minister) of Bihar.
- Area wise Bihar is at 12th position; Bihar total area is 94163.00 Square Km. It has 2.86 per cent of India’s total area.
- Average slope of plains of Bihar is 6 cm to 8 cm.
As per 2011 census:
- Bihar ranks at first position in population density. It density is 1102 per Square Km while India’s density is 382 per Square Km.
- Literacy rate in Bihar is 63.82 percent while national average is 74.04 percent.
- Women literacy rate is 53.33 per cent in Bihar while national average is 65.46 per cent.
- Bihar has lowest per capita income.
- Major Himalayan rivers which flow through plains of Bihar are Ganaga, Ghaghara, Budhi Gandak, Baghmati, Koshi, Mahadanda, etc.
- Major river flowing through the plateau region is Son, Karmasa, Poonpun, Falgu, Sakari, etc.
- Bihar is the largest producer of Makhana. India’s 90 per cent Makhana is being produced in Bihar. Bihar is also the third largest producers of vegetables in India.
- Bihar shares 13.6 per cent in total vegetable production across the country.
- Barauni Oil Refinery in Bihar has been established with the help of Russia.
- Bihar average height form sea level is 52.73 meters.
- 16 members from Bihar are in Rajaya Sabha.
- Bihar legislative council has total 75 members.
- Bihar legislative assembly has 243 members.
- Per capita electricity consumption in Bihar is 75 units while national average is 613 units.
- Bihar has 9 Pramandal, 38 Districts, 101 Anumandals, 534 Blocks, 8463 Panchayats, 819 Police stations and 39 railway stations.
- Bihar gives 40 MLA to Lok Sabha.
- Bihar has 130 cities and 45098 villages.
- Bihar has 1804.60 Square Km under the cities, 92358 Square Km under village.